Last updated: June 1, 2018
Please read this Policy to learn more about the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you in accordance with the process described in the Changes to This Policy section below. By signing up for our services and by using our Website, you consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and all other types of processing of your Personal Data, as described in this Policy.
In the context of this Policy, we act as a data controller for the Personal Data that we process. Our entire website site is secure whenever entering form or payment data.
Basis of Processing
Within the scope of this Policy, we may rely on one or more of the following legal grounds for processing of your Personal Data:
- your consent;
- the need to perform our obligations under a contract or to perform related pre-contractual duties;
- the legitimate interests pursued by us, such as to recruit new members, as well as to retain the data of previous members to facilitate re-enrollment; and
- any other ground, as required or permitted by law in the specific respective context.
Please note that you may withdraw your consent at any time by visiting https://nanuetchamber.com/contact-us This will not affect the lawfulness of processing, based on consent before the withdrawal.
Where you provide us Personal Data with regard to the performance of a contract, we require this information to be able to enter into a contract with you.
Categories of Personal Data
Personal Data collected by us could include:
- contact information, such as first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, and business or residence address;
- events attendance data;
- sponsorship commitments; and
- any other type of information we may ask you for or that you may choose to provide us with.
How We Receive Personal Data
We may receive your Personal Data through our Website. In particular, we receive Personal Data when:
- you sign up as a member of our organization using our Website;
- you interact with our Website when, for example, registering for an event; or
- your information that you have provide to us by any other means is entered into our system by us, e.g., for the purpose of sending emails or updates.
- Listing in our online member directory. If you are a current member, your company name, address, phone number, fax number, email and website are listed in our online member directory. To change/edit this information, you may login to our site and update your information. If you have any problems, or wish information removed from our directory, please contact us at email@example.com or (845) 393-1954.
- Processing financial transactions and fulfilling requests submitted via forms. Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested or as outlined in this policy.
- Adding you to our newsletter distribution list. The e-mail addresses you provided for yourself and/or your employees are entered in our database and added to our email distribution. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We may also receive your personal data from third parties, in which case, we will notify you, where required by applicable laws, without undue delay.
Purposes of Processing
We may process your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- registering you as a member of our organization;
- enabling your use of the features of our Website;
- handling dues and fee billings for membership, events, and other organization business;
- retaining statistical information about your involvement, activity, and dues/fee payment;
- tracking donations and store purchases;
- tracking event attendance and committee membership;
- listing your contact details on our membership directory so that other members or the public can connect with you or your business
- scheduling volunteer activity;
- featuring news articles/press releases related to your organization activity;
- responding to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; and
- periodically sending you newsletters and other marketing materials.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Data with other entities. Such third parties may include those providing:
- organization management software;
- web development services;
- organization management software;
- hosting services;
- cloud storage services;
- IT support services;
- analytics services;
- customer support services;
- payment services; and
- any other type of external services we might need for us to be able to operate our Website and to provide you with our services.
We may share your Personal Data with these third-party vendors, solely to enable them to perform the services for us. In providing such Personal Data, we require that those third-party vendors maintain at least the same level of security that we maintain for such Personal Data.
We do not sell our lists or share them with members. Each member may update or maintain their directory entry to control information that is available to the public.
Web Site Usage
When you use our site, we collect anonymous information on Web site usage such as the number of visits to our Web site, time spent on the Web site, number of pages viewed and the domains from which people visit our Web site. We aggregate, evaluate and use this information to improve our site and business and may provide aggregate information to third parties.
The Greater Nanuet Chamber of Commerce endeavors to capture the highlights and photographs of our events and happenings. We’re proud of our accomplishments and are happy to share them with the community. As such photographs taken at events and happenings may be posted on our website and permission to use such photographs is inherently provided by attendance at these events.
All text, images, graphics, photographs, video clips, designs, icons, wallpaper, characters, artwork, sounds, information, software, data, and other materials, and all HTML design, layouts, configurations, CGI, and other code and scripts in any format used to implement the Site (the “Content”) on the Site are copyrights, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights owned or licensed by the Chamber and may not be used without permission of the Greater Nanuet Chamber of Commerce.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
For purposes of this Section, “Social Media” includes, but is not limited to:
• Social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
• Professional networking websites such as LinkedIn
Posting on the Chamber’s Social Media sites constitutes your consent to, and agreement to be legally bound by, not only these terms and conditions, but also the terms and conditions of the host site (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). You agree that the Chamber shall not be liable, under any circumstances, for any errors, omissions, loss or damages claimed or incurred due to any of your Social Media postings.
Contributors to the Chamber’s Social Media sites should not suggest, either explicitly or implicitly, that their Social Media communications represent the communications of the Chamber, its or its affiliates, directors, officers, partners, employees or agents. Social Media communications should not suggest or imply endorsement by the Chamber. Unless otherwise authorized by the Chamber, use of the Chamber’s logo or brand is strictly prohibited. The Chamber does not view Social Media as the appropriate forum for criticisms, complaints or negative views of the Chamber, its members, employees, former employees, or affiliates. All Social Media postings must be professional and appropriate.
The Chamber reserves the right to remove any postings or comments from its Social Media sites as it deems necessary in its business judgment.
These rules and restrictions are intended to serve as a general framework with respect to use of the Chamber’s Social Media sites and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
As stated, the nature and content of communications through Social Media will not be treated as confidential. You agree that any information or materials that you or individuals acting on your behalf post on the Chamber’s Social Media sites will not be considered confidential or proprietary.
By providing any information or materials to the Chamber through postings on its Social Media sites, you grant to the Chamber an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, publicly perform, exploit, transfer, transmit and distribute the information and materials.
Other Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- to the extent required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary, in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, or private parties, including but not limited to: in response to subpoenas, search warrants, or court orders;
- if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other company change; and
- to our subsidiaries or affiliates, only if necessary for business and operational purposes.
We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data, which does not include any Personal Data, about our Website users as a group for any legal business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients, and customers.
If we must disclose your Personal Data, in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, we may not be able to ensure that such recipients of your Personal Data will maintain the privacy or security of your Personal Data.
We do not perform automated decision-making activities, such as profiling.
Data Integrity and Security
We have implemented and will maintain technical, organizational, and physical security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized processing, such as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Access, Correction, and Deletion
If you are a data subject about whom we store Personal Data, you may have the right to request access to, and the opportunity to update, correct, or delete such Personal Data. You may always e-mail us at the e-mail address found in the Contact Us section of this Policy. We will implement your requested changes, as soon as we reasonably can.
Restriction and Objection to Processing, Portability
If you are a data subject whose Personal Data we process, you may have the right to ask that we limit our processing of your Personal Data, as well as the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data. You may also have the right to ask to have your Personal Data exported in a machine-readable format. To exercise such rights, where applicable, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section of this Policy.
Privacy of Children
Our Website is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly allow anyone under 18 to provide any Personal Data on our Website. Children should always get permission from a parent or guardian, before sending personal information over the Internet. If you believe your child may have provided us with Personal Data, you can contact us using the information in the Contact Us section of this Policy and we will delete that Personal Data.
Supervisory Authority Oversight
If you are a data subject whose Personal Data we process, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in one or more of the European Union Member States.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting a new version on this web page. You should visit this page occasionally to ensure you agree with any changes. We will post our revised Policy on this web page and update the “Effective” date above to reflect the date of the changes. By continuing to use our Website after we post any such changes, you agree that you accept the Policy as modified.
Membership Dues: Payment of membership dues is due at time of application or at the beginning of your renewal year. Dues are considered non-refundable. Membership will automatically renew at the end of 12 months and will continue until the chamber is notified in writing to discontinue.
Event Attendance: Registration fees to attend events where food and/or materials are to be provided will be refunded if cancellation is received 72 hours in advance and during normal business hours.
Sponsorship/Advertising: The chamber does not offer refunds on any sponsorship or advertising
If you have a complaint, dispute, or questions regarding this Policy or our treatment of your Personal Data, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 393-1954
Please allow up to 30 days for us to reply.