Below are some of the benefits available to members. The amount of member participation is up to the members. The chamber feels that as a member participates with the chamber the more they will value their membership. We have a wide range of information on the chamber website (www.nanuetchamber.com)
- Our monthly board meetings are open to the public (although these are working meetings).
- We hold various networking events (some free or at reduced member fees) throughout the year at various member venues. Attendance of course varies. We post our events on our website and on the Chamber Facebook page.
- We coordinate with the other 7 chambers in Rockland County and try to arrange quarterly Chamber Alliance events. These usually get about 100 people in attendance from all over the county.
This is a brief list of benefits (some are highlighted above).
- Your business listed in our enhanced Member Directory with a description, photo and/or logo and link to your site. (You can login and create your own entry, or if you wish, we would be happy to assist).
- Free promotion of your events on our Facebook page and through our Community Calendar emailed to thousands.
- Discounts on most meetings paid in advance.
- Advance notice and registration for our Street Fair and reduced member rate ($95 versus $150-$190).
- Member discount to place a business card size ad on the Rockland County Tourism Map (both in print and online). The ad will rotate in the online version which includes substantially more information. Anyone taking an ad can also add video or photos to their listing. The map is also linked on the Rockland County Tourism website. (direct link at www.discoverrocklandny.com)
- The ability to send up to two emails a year to our mailing list with your promotional message. (Submission form with details)
- The ability to post Job Opportunities on our website. Free for members, unlimited postings, non-members pay a small fee per post).
- Reduced rates at Rockland Chamber Alliance events.
- Members more than 12 months, may apply for reimbursement grants of 50% of expenses up to $250. See our application form HERE
- Scholarships for members accepted into Leadership Rockland in the amount of $250.
- An opportunity to spotlight your business at a meeting.
- Networking at YOUR location! We promote the event and even help pay for refreshments. We want to help you showcase your business. Visit networking at your location which explains the program and how we can bring members to your business.
- Opportunities to network with others in and around Nanuet to build your business.
- Direct access to people who can provide information on zoning and town and county issues that directly affect your business - we are your voice!
- There is strength in numbers! The Nanuet Chamber is a strong voice and a strong advocate for businesses AND residents! We meet with the Town monthly and express your concerns.
- The benefit of membership for residents is a chance to have your finger on the pulse of what is going on in Nanuet and we will act as your voice to the politicians who impact your home prices, school system and overall Town decisions - you are also welcome to join any committee as well as the board to get involved and have a say in planning events and activities through the Chamber!
We invest in the Nanuet Community:
- Holiday lights and banners on Main Street which was an effort fostered by the Chamber in conjunction with the Town of Clarkstown and partially paid for by the chamber.
- New handmade refuse containers on Main Street, paid for by the Chamber.
- The beautified Adopt-a-Spot at the entrance to Nanuet (coming from Pearl River)
- The Chamber also provides a $1,000 scholarship to an area high school seniors who are Nanuet residents, etc.
- We have recently created a 501(c)3 charity, Nanuet and Beyond, Inc. (nanuetandbeyond.org) to focus on “Enriching the educational experience for all.” See the website for more details.
SO PLEASE JOIN US AND HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN NANUET!